Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Grocery Box Postcard

I've joined quite a few swaps on swap-bot recently for trading handmade postcards.
This one is to use part of a box or carton, such as a cereal box, etc. I don't eat processed faux food, but there are some real foods that come in containers of some sort. So, I adapted the little cardboard 'wraps' that go around the tubs from cream cheese, etc. I think they worked quite well. I mounted them on thin posterboard with Scotch Permanent Glue Stick and coated the front and edges with one thin coat of Plaid Royal Coat Découpage Finish.

This one is going to The Netherlands. My scanner cut the right edge off the image - both sides match, so it should look like the left edge with the cow's head and the text intact. It is 3 pieces of the package cut to fit the 4x6 inch postcard.
This one is going to Canada. This one was a little tricky as the 'box' was so small, but it worked out with a couple of little extra pieces to fill in the slot where the plastic lid came through (bottom left, above the Meyenberg name.)

I have several more postcard swaps coming up in the future. But, tomorrow I will be making several sets of beaded hat pins. I've made a few of these in the past year & they are kind of fun to do. I try to make them look a bit vintage, so we'll see if I succeed again. I'll share my results here tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment